- This event has passed.
Girlguiding NWE Region Conference – Making it Happen
September 18 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
All of our volunteers are invited to our Region Conference on Saturday 18 September. The event will be held virtually to allow as many members to attend as possible.
The conference will start at 10am with an inspiring keynote speech, followed by a two informative sessions for leaders, young leaders, commissioners and Inspire members. After a short break for lunch, join in with a fun drumming session to get re-energised for our third and final session, where we’ll come together for top tips to recruit girls and volunteers, ways to support members to move up to the next section, and inclusivity at all levels of guiding.
10:00 -10:30 Welcome and opening keynote speech
10:30-11:15am A Promising Programme
- For leaders – get back to basics with some exciting promise activities to use in the unit, whilst also covering the Five Essentials.
- For commissioners – we have two sessions to either remind yourself of the Girlguiding policies and how to ensure units are running in line with them, OR, work on ways to rebuild your team and support the return to face to face guiding.
- For Young Leaders – explore the Young Leader Programme and receive support in completing modules of the qualification.
- For Inspire – raising the profile of Inspire in your local area and beyond
11:30am-12:15pm International at Home
- For leaders – learn how to bring the fun and adventurous opportunities of an international trip into the unit meeting place.
- For commissioners – delve into ways of how others can support you in role of commissioner and how to manage the workload.
12:45-1:15pm Motivational Drumming Session
13:15-14:15pm A Space for Everyone
This session will be for all members, exploring ways for us to be inclusive, work on supporting the transition of all our young members through the sections and bettering our recruitment of young and adult members.